West Chester, Pennsylvania: 2003 – 2012
Fern Hill Elementary School
Art Teacher: August 2003 – September 2012
- Develop original art lessons for all art classes for grade 1 through grade 5.
- Create cross-curricular lessons that integrate art curriculum with other subjects.
- Lead the design and creation of tile wall mural as K-5 project for school lobby.
- Spearhead Arts in Education Week
- Educate the school community and promote the Art Department through Youth Art Month.
- Coordinate and plan participation in area art shows.
- Organize and expand participation in national art contests.
Chairperson of Art Department Duties: August 2005 – June 2012
- Lead ten professional teachers located in ten elementary schools.
- Develop and manage the elementary district art budget.
- Organize and supervise professional development and in-service days.
- Present Art Department plan and tactics to the School Board.
- Educate new staff on PowerSchool – a new teacher computerized grading system.
- In charge of all art teachers in district for PDExpress administration.
- Educate fellow art teachers of new educational pedagogy.